Wednesday 24 February 2016

Designer Pieces Worth Investing In


In my free time I am constantly browsing the internet looking at all of my favourite online stores looking for style inspiration, visualizing different looks and carefully picking out statement pieces that are comfortable yet stylish that will take me from day to night. Growing up I had can extreme case of impulse buying and a shopaholic streak. This all came to a halt when getting invited to events, special occasions or even nights out or dinners with friends I realized  have all of these clothes and shoes but I had nothing to wear. I think this is something we have all suffered with at one time or an other especially in our teens when our main focus was on figure hugging dresses and short shorts. I don't know about you but I am so glad my fashion sense has changed since then. Lately as I was spring cleaning my wardrobes I realized I what my problem was, Every time I go shopping I pick up random items that I like the colour or material but I never think about what I have to pull an outfit perfectly together. So one of my many New Years Resolutions was to only shop investment, versatile pieces. That doesn't always mean designer but there's no harm in knowing what's out there...

Tailored Coats 

Colour blocking is definitely high in the style stakes this spring summer as seen in London Fashion Week and making its way into the high street. You will be bang on trend wearing this wool and cashmere tailored coat from Karen Millen. Not only is it super soft and comfortable it is the perfect piece to brighten up any look. This coat would be gorgeous over an all black or all white outfit or mixing creams and nudes. 



Scarves 

I love wearing scarves. Not only are they warm and practical the are the perfect accessory to pull an outfit together, to break the outfit up if you are wearing all black or to dress or brighten up an outfit. You can even tie on your handbag to customize it and make it your own. Farfetch have a huge range of Burberry scarves with all different styles of check, suitable for everyone.




Leather Jeans 

I bought leather jeans in New Look about two years ago. At the time they seemed so different to anything that I would usually wear and I didn't think I would wear them much maybe for a night out or something but boy was I wrong. I wear them nearly every day. Wash them and put them back on again. I would serious consider investing in a better quality pair. This goes for jeans too. I think every girl deserves at least one pair of really good jeans. I found a brand called Citizens Of Humanity in Selfridges. They do the most amazing leather pants. The picture doesn't even do them justice. I think when you get so much wear out of them they are worth the investment. 






Timeless Pieces  

A statement watch is something I am always attracted to out of every single jewelry piece. I think they are a classic and they finish off every outfit. There is something really luxurious about having a statement watch. Its nice to treat yourself to that one watch that makes you feel proud every time it catches your eye. I love this white and gold one by Michael Kors. It would look gorgeous with a tan over summer. 



Handbags 

Handbags really are my guilty pleasure. I just love them and find myself wandering into designer stores dreaming of one day owning my own. This one by Givenchy ticks all the boxes for me. Its chic and stylish but still a timeless classic. Its available from Luisaviaroma.com and they ship world wide.



Valentino 

I love high heels and I love how they make your legs look but I can't deal when they start hurting my feet. I bought the dupe version of the studded Valentino's in Dunnes Stores and I love them but I think if I was buying designer shoes I would buy a more wearable pair. That's why I think these ones are perfect! They are available in Brown Thomas.




What designer pieces do you think are worth investing in? 

Yours Stylishly

Kerrie x 







  

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig