Monday 11 July 2016

My Guide To Silky Smooth Legs


I feel like I start every beauty or skin care related blog post with the fact that I suffered with extremely sensitive skin growing up. As everyone else who has suffered will know that it does consume a huge portion of your life which makes finding the perfect product that wont harm or irritate your skin that much more exciting. 

Hair removal was also a huge issue. Not only was finding the prefect shaving foam troublesome but finding a razor was an other challenge. I tried waxing when I was in college but that didn't suit either. I was willing to try anything. Even those exfoliating pads which are like sand paper but they left a burning sensation on my skin. 

It has only been in the last few months where I have been 100% happy with the products I am using and the routine I created. My biggest pet peeve is dry, rough skin on my legs. So the goal has always been to find a product that would make them silky smooth without causing irritation and thankfully I have found just that.



My Routine

a. Daily cleansing is a must for achieving silky smooth skin. Be that showering or a bubble bath using your favourite shower cream such as the Ted Baker Pink Body Wash for the ultimate pamper session. 



b. Exfoliation is the second step to this process and probably one of the most important. I exfoliate everyday in the shower ensuring to remove all traces of dead skin cells from my skin. I start with my feet and work my way up being particular gentle to delicate areas such as my decolletage and hands. I use exfoliating scrub gloves with my favourite moisturizing shower cream or exfoliator.  



c. Hair removal this used to be such a chore and a painful process at that. But now using my trusty Gillette Venus Proskin Sensitive Razor 5 Comfort Blades along with Gillette Satin Care With A Touch Of Olay Vanilla Cashmere Shave Gel it is a process I look forward to and enjoy. 



d. Moisturize. Using a good quality moisturizer is so important for locking in moisture after shaving your legs. I often find that if I skip this process my skin becomes irritated and extremely dry so I slather as much of the product as  possible all over my legs and let it soak in leaving my legs silky smooth.



I really hope you picked up some tips and tricks throughout this post and if you have any of your own I would love to hear all about them. 

Yours Stylishly 

Kerrie x 

Shop this post 

Ted Baker Pink Body Wash - Boots
Gillette Venus Proskin Sensitive Razor 5 Comfort Blades - Boots
Gillette Satin Care with a touch of Vanilla Cashmere Shave Gel - Cara 
Soap and Glory Exfoliating Scrub Gloves - Boots 










 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig