Friday 20 November 2015

One Year Of BellaAndVogue.com



So today marks the very first birthday of BellaAndVogue.com. The year has just flown by. I couldn't be happier that I started my little blog, my only regret is that I didn't start it sooner. I first started reading blogs when I was in college and always wished I could one day have one of my own. After a lot of dreaming and wishing I decided to go for it and I'm so glad I did. 

The Blog 

November is a quiet time in Beauty Salon's as many will know and I was working on a treatment basis. Meaning I only worked when a client was booked in, so I wasn't working full days. I spent my time out of work researching the beauty industry, looking at courses to furthering my knowledge and the best ways to market and promote the business. I was working for someone else so there was only so much I could do within my control. 

It was then that I decided I would start my blog so I could have something else to focus on, share my passions and meet some like minded people. From day one I loved it. I was scared when I started but at the same time excited. I set up a facebook pageinstagram,  twitter and any social media platform I could to drive traffic to my blog. I love using social media to connect with my readers on a more casual basis, hearing your feedback and what you want to see on the blog. I do consider us friends and it makes my day to hear from you. 

I completed my 'Fit & Fabulous Series' which a lot of my readers followed along finding motivation and results of their own. I worked on beauty reviews and skincare tips which I am planning on doing more of in the near future. I incorporated my love for fashion and also got made a finalist in the 'Blog Awards Ireland 2015' as 'Best Fashion Blog'. Earlier in the year I was also nominated as 'Best New Blog' in the 'Beauty Blog Awards', I was only blogging a few months at the time and this came as a huge surprise for me. 

The Content

I would consider my blog a lifestyle blog as I love sharing a variety of aspects of my life with my readers. I love that I'm not pigeon holed into one area and I can share all of interests and inspirations with you. If you read my last post about an event I attended about 'blogging for business' all speakers gave us advice about blogging but one message that came through strongly was 'Do what you love'. This is very true I think it would come through in your blog post's if you didn't love it.

The Community

I was blogging for two months when I joined Into The West Blogger Network. I can honestly say that as a blogger this is one of the best things I have ever done. Starting out blogging can be really lonely but being part of a network like this is a real support system. Sinead and Saibh the blogger's behind the network believe that anything is possible and have opened so many doors for all blogger's in the network. We've attended many events in fabulous hotels meeting some of the top girls in the industry who are truly inspirational role models to us. Of course there is a community outside of the network but over all the blogging community are very supportive of one an other. Blogging has really helped me grow as a person, if you ask any of my family or friends growing up I was so quiet and shy. But this past year I have really grown as a person and have a lot more confidence in myself and a overall more positive outlook on life. 

The Organisation 

I am getting a lot better at organizing and planning my blog posts. It isn't easy when you don't work set hours. But this week especially I'm really getting into the swing of things. I love the whole process of blogging from start to finish and it really frustrates me when I can't get a post up. I do long for an organised life, this is one of the reasons why I invested in the Hippenings  Bando agenda. It really has helped too. My goal for the rest of the year is to do the minimum of 3 blog posts a week. 

The Future 

I am in the midst of planning a new design for my blog, as much as I love how it is now I would love if it was fresh and more chic. In the new year I want to invest in a new camera, I have been using my IPhone 5s for the past year but I think its time for an upgrade. I have my eye on the Olympus pen. I hope to continue blogging as much if not more so next year. As well as considering a move. But of course I will keep you posted.

Above anything else I just want to say a huge Thank you to every single one of you for reading my blog, all of your uplifting and inspiring comments and feedback. I feel a real sense of joy every time I log on and get to connect with you. You really are all so kind and I really appreciate every single one of you! 

Thank you so much! 

Yours Stylishly 

Kerrie x 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig