Wednesday 8 June 2016

Blogger Lunch At Bar Solo In The Connaught Hotel


On Sunday I had the pleasure to be invited to The Connacht Hotel for lunch with Cloda from the blog Orange Obviously and Shona from the blog Sho Style What a perfect way to spend a Sunday. It was the first bank holiday of the summer so there was such a good buzz in Galway. As soon as I arrived I felt so welcomed. It was so warm outside but the reception was lovely, airy and cool.



We got a warm welcome from the receptionists who kindly brought us to Bar Solo where we were greeted by one of the managers and staff members. Bar Solo is one of the best hotel bars in Galway and we were lucky enough to try out the new summer lunch menu. The bar is bright, spacious and has a really chilled atmosphere. The bar caters for everyone whatever your occasion, from dinner with small children, to a girly lunch with cocktails and with large screens  visible from all seating areas it is the perfect place to watch a match. They also offer live music at the weekends and offer Sky Sports and Setanta Channels throughout the summer.


With the new summer lunch menu you really are spoiled for choice. For starters I chose the Super Food salad which included seasonal leaves, feta cheese, sun blushed  tomatoes, quinoa, sunflowers seeds and grape oil. It was delicious. Everything was fresh with lots of different textures and flavors. The portion was quite large so I couldn't finish it but I thoroughly enjoyed it.



For my main course I decided to have Soy & Chili Vegetable Stir Fry which was an other winner in my  eyes. It was full with chunks of fresh vegetables such as pepper, celery, red onion and cucumber. You also got the choice of having chicken or tiger prawns. I opted for chicken, served on a bed of noodles. It was delicious. During our meal we were treated to some cocktails. I opted for the non alcoholic version which you can have any listed on the menu just without the alcohol. I couldn't resist trying a non alcoholic Mojito which consisted of lime, mint, lime juice, sugar syrup and tonic water. I loved it! Very refreshing after a meal. 



Now for the best bit. We couldn't say no to a cheeky dessert. I had the Black Forest Gateaux which was light as air. Not what you would expect from gateaux which was such a nice surprise. After our lunch we sat and relaxed for a while enjoying the atmosphere of the bar. It is a really cool environment to be in and the staff are super chilled and friendly. I really enjoyed my experience in the bar and hotel and I can't wait to return! 



Here's the menu if you would like a peek! 

Yours Stylishly 

Kerrie x 

Instagram: theconnacht
Twitter: ConnachtHotel 

*This post is in collaboration with The Connacht Hotel and Into The West Blogger Network but all opinions are my own. 






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig