Tuesday 25 August 2015

Fit and Fabulous Series Week 11 | My At Home Ab Routine




Hi Everyone,

Happy #TransformationTuesday, should we call it? I am so sorry this post is a day late. The last week has been crazy so that explains why the lack of posts. I was trying to catch up with everything yesterday and had planed on finishing this post when I came home from my kettle bell class but being the super clumsy person that I am. I banged a kettle bell into my leg doing a kettle bell fold. I now have a massive bruise on my leg and it came out in a bump. Its not bad really but after dealing with that I wasn't in the right head space to blog. So I thought I would start a fresh today. I'm really sorry to all my 'Fit & Fab' readers, I hope I didn't disappoint you to much. I will make it up to you this week. Promise! 


I for one know only to well how hard it can be to drag yourself to the gym or to a class after a long day in the office. Or to get up super early in the morning to get your workout in before you go to work. So I have decided to put together a 20 minute at home ab work out. This post was also requested after last weeks 'Fit & Fab Series', so for those people who requested it I really hope you enjoy.

*Disclaimer* - I am not a personal trainer or gym instructor. These are just exercises I do myself at home, so if you do try this routine please be very careful not to cause harm or injury. 





'My At Home Ab Routine' 

Stretching - Before you begin any exercise it is very important to warm up properly before carrying out the routine. I begin by jogging on the spot for about 30-40 seconds, then I move to jumping jacks for the same amount of time. I repeat this step about three times. I then do a full body stretch by reaching my arms as far as I can above my head while stranding on the tips of my toes. I then warm up my shoulders by rotating my arms while my hands are placed on my shoulders. I rotate forward about 10 times and then backwards about 10 times. I then stretch out my triceps and biceps by stretching one arm across the front of the body, holding for a couple of seconds and then the other arm. I stretch my biceps by placing my arm behind my head and pulling it into my head with my other arm and the repeat on the other side. I then warm up my neck by rotating it around very slowly clock wise and anti-clock wise. I rotate my hips to warm them up to first clock-wise then anti clock wise. I then stretch my quads and hamstrings. 




Routine - The only equipment you will need for this routine is a supportive exercise or yoga mat, to support and prevent your back from injury. 

Temple Crunch - My fave! There are two forms to this exercise - beginner and intermediate. If you have never done this exercise before I would advise starting at beginner level until you build your core strength. Begin by sitting on your mat. Place your two hands behind you, lean your body back with your legs straight out in front of you. Hold your core tight and use it to crunch you legs in and your upper body in to meet your legs. Hold tight for 2 seconds and return to starting position again. Intermediate level place their hands on their temples and repeat the same exercise. Repeat this exercise 10 times. 

Weaver - Lie flat or your mat. Place your hands under your lower back. Point your legs out in front of you. Lift them slightly off the ground and cross them back and of very slowly holding you core tight. Repeat 10 times. 

Leg Drop - Lie flat on your mat. Place your hands under your lower back. Lift you legs up and keep them straight in a 90 degree angle. Slowly drop them down to about an inch away from the ground and slowly pull them back up again. Holding your core tight. Feel the burn. Repeat 10 times. 

Swivel - Sit on your mat. Lean back slightly, lift your legs off the ground and cross them at your feet. Clasp you hands and rotate your upper body using your elbows to touch the ground. Keep your core tight and legs still. Repeat 10 times. 

Star Crunch - Lie flat on your mat, reach your arms above your head and you legs pointing straight out in front of you - like a star. Use your core to lift your arms up and off the ground and your legs in. Touch your feet with your hands. Make sure to lift your shoulders off the ground and than lie back down. Repeat 10 times. 

Oblique Crunch - Lie on your side on your mat. Your bottom arm must be placed on the mat straight out in front of you and your other hand is placed on your temple. Your legs are straight. Crunch you legs in while you are lifting your upper body off the mat. Move your upper and lower body in to meet each other - example: Left elbow crunches in to meet left knee if lying on the right hand side. Repeat 10 reps on each side. 

Start again and do three more sets. So four sets in total.




I hope I have explained these exercises clearly for you to understand. If not feel free to contact me and I will try my best to elaborate more. I really hope you enjoyed this post and get something out of it! 


Until next time...

Yours Stylishly 

Kerrie Anne x 

Bella and Vogue 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig