Friday 29 January 2016

Four Weeks To Toned Cheeks


'Rear of the year' was once an award given in your secondary school year book. Who would have known that by 2016 it would be such a fashion statement to have a super perky booty. Last year during my 'Fit & Fabulous Series' I mentioned and completed the squat challenge. It was tough and completely worked but this year I want to turn it up a notch. My 'Fit & Fabulous Series' will be returning on Monday along with a few other surprises in store that I can't wait to share with you all. 

One of my fitness goals for 2016 is to really strengthen and tone my entire body and really living well. My sister is fourteen and is at a really crucial age where body image is really important so I want to do my very best to be a good example to her promoting positive body confidence and the importance of eating wholesome nutritious  food as well as showing her its ok to eat Death By Chocolate Cake or a big spoon of Nutella if she feels like it. 

During the week the two of us went out to our home gym for a quick ab session she started talking to me about her football training and how they do squats after their warm up. She reminded me about the squat challenge and inspired me to create a squat challenge of our own. Which I am about to share with you now which will ensure you look 'fine from behind!'  


1. Bring Sally Up Squat Challenge

A good friend of mine who is also a Fitness Instructor taught me this one. Bring Sally Up Squat Challenge is a song. You do as the song says, it says "Bring Sally up, bring sally down". You Squat when it it says "bring sally down" and stand up when it says "bring sally up". You really feel the burn with this one but its worth it. I would recommend doing this challenge every second to third day if you are a beginner or are doing other workouts or squat challenges too. As you don't want to cause injury or over do it.  

2. 30 Day Squat Challenge

The 30 Day Squat Challenge is a free app which I downloaded on my iPhone but I'm sure your can get it on Android too. It starts with 30 squats and then increases daily. Every four days you get a day off to recover and an alarm goes off every day to remind you to do it. 

3. Weighted Dead Lift 

I would do this outside of my challenges like if I was doing a circuit. All you will need for this exercise is a kettle bell at a weight that suits you. Place it in front of you with you feet hip width apart. Bend over keeping your back straight and do not let your knees go past your toes. Stick your bum out so you can feel a good stretch in you calf muscle, thighs and glutes. Pick up the kettle bell with both hands and stand up straight, lifting the kettle bell up above your shoulders. Once you get to this point lower the kettle bell back towards the floor but do not let the kettle bell rest on the floor. 

4. Kettle Bell Swing 

Again you will need your kettle bell. Stand with your feet hip width apart. Holding the kettle bell in your hand, slightly squat down and swing the kettle bell up to shoulder level and swapping hands at the top. Squeeze your core and booty tight while keeping your back straight. Your hips are your power point so use them to really get a good swing. Don't rely on your arms and back for this one its your booty doing the work. 

5. Weighted Hip Extensions

Lay on the ground using a kettle bell or bar bell which ever is available. Place it across your hips or lower abs. Bend your knees with your feet flat on the floor. Then lift your hips off the ground. Squeezing your abs and and glutes. Hold for five seconds then return to starting position.

Do 12 reps of each exercise listed above from 3/5 and 3 sets 4/5 times a week. 

This is my motivation for the next four weeks, what's yours? 



Also if you would like to see any particular fitness post included in my new series, please do not hesitate in letting me know! 

Yours Stylishly 

Kerrie x   
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig