Thursday 7 April 2016

Fearless


A new month always brings a glimpse of excitement. A fresh start and an other chance to set new goals and to become a better human being. Every New Years Eve I, like a lot of people sit down and write out all of my hopes and dreams that I would love to achieve in the year to come. I have big dreams and a fire in my belly to succeed as well as a strong work ethic. I have also got into the habit of setting monthly goals, some small goals and stepping stones that will help me to achieve the long term goals.

 It wasn't until last week when I looked back over my March goals to tick off everything that I had achieved and to reevaluate the goals that I hadn't achieved got me thinking why I hadn't achieved them. I knew all the steps I needed to take in order to achieve them, I know they are all something I really want to do. Is it laziness? Lack of motivation? Fear of what people will think about me or what I'm doing? Fear of failure? Or could it be fear of been successful? I know I am a complete over thinker but I also think that it is something that a lot of people go through. Maybe it's my generation or an Irish thing. But whatever it is I think its time to not be so scared of what may happen and for us Irish learn to just say thank you when we get a compliment.




Here are a few tips for getting over all of our fears:

Be Positive

Wake up each day with a good go-getter attitude. Be positive and believe in yourself. The more positive you are the more positive situations and outcomes will appear in your life. If you want a happy and successful life you can't focus on your fears and the negatives. So have a good attitude towards life and work hard to make your dreams happen. 

Comfort Zone

Growing up I was always such a shy person even with my closest friends. I was always afraid to show my personality and always tried my best to 'fit in'. What if I say something stupid and completely embarrass myself.The more I thought about my fears the more it began to hold me back. I began to live in this bubble in my own little world - my comfort zone. I know what you are all probably thinking. How did I have the courage to start a blog when you really are putting yourself out there. To be honest I don't  even know how I did, but I wanted to start a blog for about two years before I actually did it. It is my biggest regret that I didn't start it sooner. 

The thing with blogging is that for the most part you are sat in your office looking at your computer screen completely on your own. Thankfully there is an amazing blogger community all who are very supportive. Networking and getting invited to events is a big part of blogging and is still something that terrifies me just a little even though at a lot of the event's I know the other bloggers and have even worked with them but the more I say yes to these events the braver I get. So I have learnt that stepping out of your comfort zone is one of your best ways for getting over the fear. 




Dream Big

When setting goals why not set huge ones that really excite you. That you can literally feel adrenaline when you think about them. Life is supposed to be exciting so why settle for mediocre goals. Push yourself to really dream big, it could be to start your own online business, open your very own boutique, go back to college or even to run in the Boston Marathon. Really push yourself to dream big because life is full of possibilities and the more excited you feel about your dreams the more likely you are going to achieve them. 

Visualization

Visualization is so important! Every single successful person visualized been successful and achieving their dreams at some point of their lives. Of course they worked extremely hard to get to where they are today. But it always starts in your mind. When you visualize and believe in your dream strong enough. Your brain believes it has already happened. 




Internal Voices

You are your own worse enemy. We all have doubts and we all have worries. We set goals and get all fired up for achieving them and then stop and think 'What if I fail?' 'I can't do this, what was I thinking?' We need to let go of all this doubt a disbelief right now. First of all it really doesn't matter if you fail you can always just try again and this time try a little harder. Mistakes are proof that you're and they are learning curves that shape you as a person. Secondly don't let any negativity set in your mind as soon as you think one negative thought get rid of it. Pronto!

What Will People Think

A fear that I think that every single one of us has - What will people think? When in reality all those people that we are spending so much of our time worrying about what they think about us are probably spending their time worrying what everybody is thinking about them. So really no body cares what anybody is doing we are just creating this problem for ourselves! 




Everyone Is Not Going To Like You

Not everyone is going to like you but that's okay. We are all so different, we have different tastes and different hobbies and we are not going to be to fond of what everyone's doing all the time. As long as you are not going out to hurt anyone and just focus on your own family, friends, readers and enjoying your own life you have nothing to be frightened of or to be worried about. 

Stop Saying Someday

We are all so guilty of this. We have a dream or we have a goal and we say someday I will have that or someday I will achieve that. What we need to do is act now. There is not one thing in this world stopping you from achieving your dreams so get out there and make them happen. 




Someone Else's Success Is Not Your Failure

Don't compare yourself to anyone. If you see someone in business or school doing better than you don't feel intimated my them instead learn from them look at their mindset and work ethic. If you are in need of some help ask them. Everyone started out the same. No one starts from the top. 

Be Proud Of Yourself 

Life can be tough and it can be amazing all at the same time. We are all doing the best we can to achieve the life we want to live so be proud of yourself and respect how far you have come and what you have achieved. Don't let fear stand in your way and hold you back on all life has to offer because once you let go of the fear and become fearless there really is nothing holding you back. 


Yours stylishly 

Kerrie x  

  






  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bella and Vogue . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig